The Library Guild is a volunteer organization focusing on library advocacy for the Pelham Library, which strives to attain excellence in patron service by providing educational, cultural, and recreational resources. Guild members have an excellent opportunity to assist in the improvement of services offered by the Pelham Library.
Some of the accomplishments of the library guild have been:
- The Guild awarded college scholarships to three recent Pelham High School graduates.
- Volunteers assisted Valley Elementary during first two weeks of school
- Guild Members visited City Council meetings
- Guild Members visited local businesses to promote the Big Read
- Library Guild hosted four Big Read events
- Volunteers participated in RBC Bank's "Creating Better Communities"
- Library Guild hosted a Governor's Candidate Forum
- Volunteers have assisted as library volunteers contributing over 1,200 volunteer hours of service!
Pictured Above: Attendees enjoy the first annual Taste of Pelham presented by the Pelham Library Guild on October 8, 2013