Library Guild Informational Meeting
Tuesday September 20th at 6:00pm
Do you love libraries? Come find out how you can support your Pelham Public Library.
The Pelham Library Guild is a “friends of the library” 501c3 registered charitable organization. It was created to advocate for great library services and to raise funds for a new larger library building. If you are excited by the idea of new modern library building, then come find out how you can be a part of this project. The meeting is being held in the library program room. Refreshments will be served.
The Library Guild is a volunteer organization focusing on library advocacy for the Pelham Library, which strives to attain excellence in patron service by providing educational, cultural, and recreational resources. Guild members have an excellent opportunity to assist in the improvement of services offered by the Pelham Library.
Some of the accomplishments of the library guild have been:
- The Guild awarded college scholarships to four recent Pelham High School graduates.
- Volunteers assisted Valley Elementary during first two weeks of school
- Guild Members visited City Council meetings
- Guild Members visited local businesses to promote the Big Read
- Library Guild hosted four Big Read events
- Volunteers participated in RBC Bank's "Creating Better Communities"
- Library Guild hosted a Governor's Candidate Forum
- Volunteers have assisted as library volunteers contributing over 1,200 volunteer hours of service!
- Members assisited with the planning and prmotion of the first annual Taste of Pelham.